- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb (80% lean) ground beef
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt
- freshly ground peper
- 3 Tbsp (1-1/2 oz) red wine
- 14 oz can of chopped tomato or ground tomatoes with their juices
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1½ tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 medium zucchini (12 oz total), spiralized
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pan or pot with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and ground beef and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the beef into crumbles with a spoon while cooking.
- Add the celery, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often to soften the celery, 3 minutes. Add the red wine and stir, scraping up any bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, cover, lower heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the meat and vegetables are very tender, 20 minutes more.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir in the vinegar and season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place the spiralized zucchini in a microwave-safe dish, season with salt and pepper, cover with a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, and cook for 1 minute. Toss and check to ensure it’s heated through but not wilting. Continue to warm in 30-second increments if necessary.
- Divide the warm zucchini between 4 serving plates, top with the sauce, and serve with Parmesan on the side.