This Indian staple food is a flavorful combination of shallot, warm and fragrant spices, meat, and tomatoes. It makes for a comforting dish that is easily accessible, even on a weeknight! Made Keto friendly by replacing peas and potatoes with green bean bites, it can be made with any meat you prefer—chicken, lamb, pork, goat meat, or minced pork or veal; just be sure to recalculate the macros with any changes. Want to make it in an instant pot? Here you go: Sauté the shallot in butter, add the ground beef and garlic powder and cook, breaking beef into small crumbles until cooked through. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes and allow to release naturally for 10 minutes.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1 ½ Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1- pound ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut in ½-inch pieces
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, ginger, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet with a lid over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook, stirring often, until almost transparent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and garlic powder and cook, stirring and breaking beef into small crumbles, until the beef is cooked through and browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the reserved spice mixture and stir until combined and fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the green beans and tomatoes, stir to combine, reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook until the green beans are tender, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve.