For the Salmon
- 12 oz salmon, cut into 2-inch (5-cm) chunks
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
For the Skewers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 8 mini balls fresh mozzarella cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- Place the salmon in a medium bowl. Add the oil, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt. Toss the ingredients together to coat the salmon with the oil and spices.
- Heat a 10-inch (25-cm) or larger cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon and seasoned oil. Cook the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until it is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- To assemble the skewers, gently skewer the ingredients in an alternating pattern: salmon, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. Drizzle the skewers with the vinegar just before serving.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.