- 4 (8 oz each) medium zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- zest and juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped toasted pistachios
- 8 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into long, 1/2-inch thick strips, then place them in a large plastic zip-top bag. Add the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Seal the bag and gently massage the contents to thoroughly coat the zucchini in the marinade. Set aside for 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Remove the zucchini from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place the zucchini in a single layer on the grill. Cover, then let cook, undisturbed, until solid grill marks appear and the zucchini is tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved marinade and the feta cheese. Gently stir to combine, then taste and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Arrange the grilled zucchini on a platter. Drizzle with the feta-marinade dressing, sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and mint. Serve.
Great little dish that’s really tasty with well-balanced flavours and just the right amount of acid. Even if you’re not a zucchini fan you’ll like this. Quick and easy to prepare. A definite keeper!
Thanks, Peter. We like it too. It’s especially good for a summertime BBQ.
Family favorite! The mint, feta, olive oil, and lemon mixture are so yummy! I might try using goat cheese next time! Easy to prepare – try it!
Thank you, Genevieve. There’s so much fresh zucchini out there this time of year and this is a festive way to serve it.