- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 3 medium zucchini (about 6 ounces each), sliced into ¼-inch-thick disks
- 3 medium yellow squash (about 6 ounces each), sliced into ¼-inch-thick disks
- 1 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme, oregano, or basil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp pork panko
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, squash, onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the dried thyme, cream, and cream cheese and cook until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan.
- Spoon the mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining Parmesan cheese with the pork panko and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Sprinkle the squash with the Parmesan-panko mixture and bake until the top is golden brown and bubbling, about 10 minutes. Serve right away.