- 2 boneless, skin-on half chicken breasts
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 heads baby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 5 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce, divided
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 large eggs, cold from the refrigerator
- 2 7 oz packs shirataki noodles, rinsed and drained
- 4 radishes, sliced very thin, reserved in ice water, then patted dry
- toasted white or black sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 4 tsp gluten-free chili garlic sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large, deep sauté pan over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until the skin is golden brown and releases easily from the pan, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook, 4 minutes more. Transfer the chicken to a baking dish, reserving the pan and its drippings, and roast until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the pan with chicken drippings over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy, cut side down, and cook until it has a golden brown sear, 4 to 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, toss to coat, cover the pot and cook until soft when poked with the tip of a paring knife, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the same pan over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until softened 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining ¼ cup soy sauce and the mirin. Cook for 1 minute. Add the broth, cover, bring to boil, then remove the lid and let gently simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt.
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Fill a pot with enough water to cover the eggs (don’t add the eggs yet). Bring to a boil. Gently lower the eggs into the boiling water, lower the heat, then let simmer for 8 minutes. Immediately transfer the eggs to the ice water. Cool until cool enough to handle, 5 minutes. Carefully peel and halve the eggs lengthwise. Set aside.
- To serve, slice the chicken into thin pieces. Divide the noodles into four large bowls. Add the sliced chicken and hot ramen broth. Top with bok choy, radish slices, and soft-boiled eggs. Garnish with sesame seeds and chili sauce.