- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper, plus more as needed
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 chipotle pepper (from canned chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 1/2 Tbsp adobo sauce (add more or less depending on your preferred spiciness)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 6 oz riced cauliflower (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- juice and zest from ½ lime
- 1½ cups (2 oz) packed fresh spinach leaves
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine; set aside.
- Make the chipotle sauce: In a blender jar or blender, combine the garlic, cream, broth, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce. Blend until smooth. Set aside
- In a medium skillet, heat half of the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken, and pan-fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown in places and almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the chipotle sauce. Gently simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and reduces a bit, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the lime-cilantro rice: In another medium skillet over medium heat, add the remaining avocado oil. Add the cauliflower rice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender crisp and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the chopped cilantro, lime juice, and zest. Season to taste; set aside.
- Add the spinach to the skillet with the chicken and simmer, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with the cauliflower rice.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.