- 8 oz (1-2/3)cups hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp erythritol-based powdered sweetener
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sea salt
- 3 oz stevia-sweetened dark chocolate (such as Lily’s Original Dark chocolate bar), chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the hazelnuts in a single layer and toast in the oven until skins are mostly split and look darker and the nuts are light golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Don’t overtoast or the nuts will be bitter. Wrap the hot nuts in a clean dish towel to sit for 10 minutes. Then vigorously rub the nuts against themselves in the towel to remove as much of the skins as you can, at least half.
- In the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender (like a Vitamix), process the warm hazelnuts to a smooth almond-butter-like paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Process until the mixture is as smooth as possible, 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Heat on low power in 10 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth and shiny.
- Add the melted chocolate to the hazelnut mixture and process until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar or resealable container with a tight-fitting lid and let sit at room temperature for 3 hours until firm.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.