FOR THE SALAD
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pound large (16 to 20 count) shrimp, peeled, deveined, and rinsed
- 3 cups (2½ oz) baby spinach
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, 1 tablespoon of the sliced green tops reserved
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sugar-free ketchup (such as Primal Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Ketchup)
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Fill a medium bowl with iced water.
- In a saucepot, bring 4 cups of water and the bay leaf to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to a simmer. Add the garlic powder, a few teaspoons of salt and the shrimp and simmer until pink, about 2 minutes. Drain and transfer the cooked shrimp to the bowl of ice water to cool. Drain and refrigerate, unless you are planning to serve right away.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir in the green onions.
- To serve: Bring shrimp to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes. Distribute the spinach among individual dinner plates. Divide the egg quarters, and avocado slices among the salads. Salt lightly. Add the shrimp, then dollop each salad with dressing. Finish with the olives and reserved green onion tops. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
So easy, so satisfying, so fresh. I made this for a small ladies’ lunch and everyone enjoyed it.