For the crust
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt "crust" butter in the microwave or a small saucepan. Add the almond flour, sweetener, and vanilla to the melted butter. Stir until fully mixed. Press the dough evenly along the bottom of a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch square pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and cool while you make the filling
- Melt "filling" butter in a small saucepan on low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in sweetener, lemon juice, and lemon zest until dissolved. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time and return to the stove over medium heat for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously. Whisk in the xanthan gum until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and spread out evenly in the pan. Bake the bars at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Optional: Sprinkle some confectioners Swerve over the top and drizzle with a white chocolate ChocZero dipping cup!
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Very catchy flavour but overly sweet. I also added a double dose xanthan gum and 1tbsp baking tartar
Absolutely delish, I have reduced the sweetener in the crust and in the filling to 3/4,but still too sweet. Next time I’ll do half.
Everyone is correct- you don’t need the full amount of sweetener, or this can be cloyingly sweet, but the recipe is SO GOOD I still gave it 5 stars.
Just made this…so, so good! I reduced the crust sweetener to 3/4 c Switch, and the filling sweetener to 1/2 c Switch. Still tasted too sweet for my taste, but the flavor was delicious! This was a test run and I’ll definitely be making this again! Might reduce the Switch to 1/2 c for crust and 1/3 for filling for next time. Fabulous recipe!! <3
I made this recipe yesterday and it is absolutely delicious. My wife just told me they are just as good as regular full sugar lemon bars. I agree. Make these and I don’t think you will be disappointed. Rich and creamy with no aftertaste like some artificial sweeteners leave.