- 9-inch pie dish
FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated monkfruit sweetener (such as Lakanto)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp cold water
FOR THE PIE FILLING
- 1 cup sugar-free creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered monkfruit sweetener (such as Lakanto confectioner's), divided
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1½ oz half bar sugar-free dark chocolate bar, chopped (like Lily’s)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade, combine the almonds, coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa powder, and salt. Pulse until the almonds are medium-fine, like coarse cornmeal, and there are still visible bits of the almonds. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture starts to clump, 6 to 8 pulses. Sprinkle the water over the mixture and pulse a few more times until it’s combined.
- Press the dough into a ¼-inch layer in a 9-inch pie dish, evenly working it up the sides, to just before the top lip of the dish. If needed, press the bottom of a flat-bottomed metal dry measuring cup onto the crust to help even it out and get it into the corners.
- Place the pie dish on a rimmed baking sheet, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake it on the middle rack in the oven until dry and set, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on a cooling rack to room temperature, then refrigerate.
- Make the filling: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream and half of the vanilla and whisk until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Add half of the powdered sweetener and continue beating until semi-stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove cream from bowl, set the whipped cream aside.
- In the same bowl using the same whisk, beat together 1 cup of the peanut butter and the cream cheese and butter with the remaining powdered sweetener and vanilla until well combined and light and fluffy, scraping the bowl down a few times throughout, 2 to 3 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the whipped cream until completely combined and smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth it out. Refrigerate.
- Make the ganache topping: In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chopped chocolate and coconut oil, then microwave for 20 seconds to melt. Stir or microwave for another 10 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth and glossy. Stir in the heavy cream, until combined. Drizzle half of the ganache in a zig-zag pattern over the top of the cooled pie in one direction and the remaining half in the other direction. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Chill the pie for at least 1 hour. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
My wife makes the best NON-keto peanut butter pie but she absolutely loved this. We will be making this again!
Decadent, isn’t it?! Have you tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups? You’ll love those too.
We LOVE it!!
By far the BEST dessert I’ve tried all year!