- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 10 Tbsp softened butter, divided, plus more for greasing
- 1¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp powdered erythritol-based sweetener, divided
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sea salt
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch cake pan with a thin layer of butter, then layer on a circle of parchment paper to just cover the bottom of the pan, then grease the paper. Set aside.
- Scatter the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast until golden, tossing once during cooking, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl, and using an electric hand mixer), combine 8 tablespoons of the butter and 1¼ cups of the powdered sweetener. Beat on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary, until the mixture is pale yellow, light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time until incorporated into a curdled-looking thin batter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- With the mixer at medium speed, add the flour mixture a little at a time to the egg mixture until combined. Mix in the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake, rotating once during cooking, until the top is deep golden and springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Slide a small knife around the edges to release and invert the cake and place it on a wire rack set over a baking sheet to cool completely.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of the powdered sweetener and a few teaspoons of water. Add the toasted almonds, toss to combine, and quickly pour over the top of the cake, using a small spatula or fork to evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon powdered sweetener and serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.