FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup 0g net carbs sweetener
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups superfine blanched almond flour
FOR THE PINK FROSTING
- 1 cup 0g net carbs confectioners sweetener
- 2 oz full-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Runner-Up Strawberry Syrup (see below)
- 5 Tbsp Runner-Up Strawberry Syrup (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with ten muffin liners.
- Make the Cupcakes: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla, and eggs. Beat with a mixer until the batter is smooth.
- Add the baking powder and salt. Mix again, scraping the sides of the bowl often.
- Add the almond flour and continue to mix until thoroughly combined. Evenly distribute the cupcake batter into the prepared ten liners.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the cupcakes from the pan.
- Next, make the pink frosting: In a small bowl, combine all the frosting ingredients except Runner-Up Strawberry Syrup and whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the Runner-Up Strawberry Syrup gradually until you reach an attractive shade of pink.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove a column of cake from the top center of each cupcake measuring 3⁄4" wide × 1" deep (save the carved-out pieces). Fill each cupcake hole with even amounts of strawberry filling, about 1 teaspoon per cupcake, then plug the holes with the removed cake.
- Scoop the pink frosting into a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with a corner cut) and evenly spread onto the tops of the cupcakes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.