FOR THE TART SHELL
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener, like Swerve brand
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
FOR THE LEMON CURD
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener, like Swerve brand
- 2 lemons (to get 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest and 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- 4 Tbsp butter, diced and softened
FOR THE GARNISH
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 small strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with 2 teaspoons of the melted butter. Set aside.
- Make the tart shell: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered sweetener, salt, and remaining butter. Use a fork to mix and combine the ingredients into a crumbly dough.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared tart pan. Using fingers, a spoon, or the bottom of a dry measuring cup, firmly press the dough into the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides, making the thickness as even throughout as possible. Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust (this prevents it from bubbling up during baking).
- Bake the crust until the top and edges are light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the tart crust from the pan and reserve.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon curd: Heat a small saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water to barely simmering. In a medium heatproof bowl that fits over the rim of the saucepan but doesn’t touch the bottom, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, powdered sweetener, zest and lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Place over the saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously just until the mixture suddenly thickens, 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately, remove from heat and whisk in the softened butter. Gently whisk until the curd is creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the curd into the prepared crust, spreading it evenly. Refrigerate the tart for 1 hour.
- To serve, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, powdered sweetener, and vanilla, then use a hand beater or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip just until soft peaks form. Fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip with the whipped cream, then pipe the whipped cream around the top edge of the tart.
- Slice and serve each piece with one strawberry.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.