FOR THE TART SHELL
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1¼ cups finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener, like Swerve brand
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
FOR THE LEMON CURD
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered erythritol-based sweetener, like Swerve brand
- 2 lemons (to get 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest and 6 Tbsp fresh lemon juice)
- 4 Tbsp butter, diced and softened
FOR THE GARNISH
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 small strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with 2 teaspoons of the melted butter. Set aside.
- Make the tart shell: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered sweetener, salt, and remaining butter. Use a fork to mix and combine the ingredients into a crumbly dough.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared tart pan. Using fingers, a spoon, or the bottom of a dry measuring cup, firmly press the dough into the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides, making the thickness as even throughout as possible. Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust (this prevents it from bubbling up during baking).
- Bake the crust until the top and edges are light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the tart crust from the pan and reserve.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon curd: Heat a small saucepan with 1 to 2 inches of water to barely simmering. In a medium heatproof bowl that fits over the rim of the saucepan but doesn’t touch the bottom, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, powdered sweetener, zest and lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Place over the saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously just until the mixture suddenly thickens, 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately, remove from heat and whisk in the softened butter. Gently whisk until the curd is creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the curd into the prepared crust, spreading it evenly. Refrigerate the tart for 1 hour.
- To serve, in a medium bowl, combine the cream, powdered sweetener, and vanilla, then use a hand beater or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip just until soft peaks form. Fill a piping bag fitted with a star tip with the whipped cream, then pipe the whipped cream around the top edge of the tart.
- Slice and serve each piece with one strawberry.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Delicious, very easy to make! We enjoyed it even without the cream topping garnish. Will make again for sure
We went over this and over this postmortem and we don’t know what we did wrong. The filling never solidified properly even after we added gelatin and a last resort. I just chopped it up and we have been eating it as a crunchy pudding. Flavor is okay, but I like the key lime pie recipe we use better.
We have sent your comment back to our recipe tester and will provide feedback from when they test it again.
Delicious! Easy recipe and tasty!
Perfect way to sum it up. Thanks for your feedback, Laura.
Mmm…one of the best desserts I’ve tried so far! I made 12 cupcake-sized tartlets and they were beautiful and yummy! Thank you for keeping keto desserts delicious!