- 1½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated or crushed
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Swerve brown or other brown erythritol
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed off extra fat and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 red pepper, seeded, stemmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp melted salted butter
- In a bowl, stir together the turmeric, coriander, garlic, fish sauce, erythritol, lime juice, olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Place the marinade and chicken in a ziplock plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours to let the flavors combine. Meanwhile, soak 4 (6 to 8-inch) wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Thread the marinated chicken and vegetables onto the soaked skewers, dividing everything evenly among them and packing all items tightly. Alternate between chicken and vegetables on each skewer.
- Place the kebabs on the prepared baking sheet in one layer. Broil the kebabs about 6 inches from the heat, turning occasionally to caramelize all sides, until the chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes, depending on heat and size of the chicken pieces. Plate 2 kebabs each on 2 dinner plates. Season to taste with salt. Drizzle each with half of the melted butter, and serve.