- 1 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp (13 g) organic grass-fed ghee
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted unsalted butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 lemon slices
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C, or gas mark 7).
- Trim the chicken thighs of any excess skin and fat. Pat them dry using paper towels and season them with a few generous pinches of salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the ghee in a large cast-iron or oven-safe skillet over high heat. Once the pan starts to smoke, lower the heat to medium-high and add the chicken thighs to the pan skin side down. Sear the chicken for 7 minutes, or until the skin is brown and crispy. With the chicken still skin side down, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and continue to cook the chicken for 7 minutes.
- While the chicken is in the oven, combine the lemon juice, butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, flip the chicken thighs and push them to one side of the skillet. Put the green beans on a large sheet of aluminum foil and nestle it next to the chicken in the pan. Drizzle the butter mixture all over the chicken and green beans. Nestle the lemon slices between the chicken thighs. Season the green beans with salt and pepper, then fold the long ends of the foil over the beans, and pinch the shorter ends to close the packet. Return the skillet to the oven. Continue to cook for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the green beans are fork tender.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.