FOR THE BLINI
- 4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 6 Tbsp melted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- sea salt
FOR THE TOPPING
- 4 oz thinly sliced smoked salmon, divided into 24 equal portions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1½ Tbsp minced chives
- Make the blini: Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently whisk together the egg yolks, half and half, and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- In the clean, dry bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until light, white, and fluffy, holding firm peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour-egg yolk batter until combined. Do not overmix (you’ll get flat blini).
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Spoon heaping teaspoons of batter into the pan about 1 inch apart, use a small spatula or back of a spoon dipped in melted butter to gently but quickly smooth and form each into a roughly 2 to 2 ½-inch disc and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer the blini to the prepared wire rack. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make approximately 24 blini.
- To serve: Arrange the blini on a platter. Top each with some smoked salmon, 1 ½ teaspoons sour cream, and a sprinkle of chives.
OMG…I could eat these every day! SO Perfect!!!