- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (2-oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 1 green onion, green part only, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Line a plate with paper towel.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon, stirring often, until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon to the prepared plate; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and pepper and mix to combine; set aside.
- Starting at the bottom of each jalapeño, carefully slice each pepper in half lengthwise, cutting through the stem. Use the tip of a small spoon to remove and discard the seeds and membranes from each pepper.
- Fill each jalapeño halfway with the cheese mixture, about 2 to 3 teaspoons depending on pepper size. Lay the stuffed peppers cut side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Top the peppers with the crumbled bacon and the sliced green onion. Serve.