FOR THE "RE-FRIED" CAULIFLOWER
- 2½ cups (6 oz) cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
FOR THE CREMA
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
FOR THE GUACAMOLE
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
FOR THE PICO DE GALLO
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 shallot, finely diced (1-1/2 Tbsp)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 Serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
FOR THE REMAINING TOPPINGS
- 1½ cups (6 oz) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (5 oz) sliced black olives, drained
- 3 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated, washed and patted dry
- Make the “refried” cauliflower: Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large baking dish, combine all of the “refried” cauliflower ingredients and toss to combine. Roast for 10 minutes, toss, and roast for another 10 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water to the pan and toss, scraping up all the bits from the bottom of the pan, creating a glaze on the cauliflower. Return to oven for 5 minutes more. Remove and lightly mash the cauliflower with a potato masher or back of fork. Set aside to cool.
- Make the crema: In a medium bowl, combine all the crema ingredients. Whisk well to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- Make the guacamole: In a medium bowl, combine the guacamole ingredients. Mash with a fork until smooth, combined, and creamy. Place a sheet of aluminum foil directly on the surface of the guacamole, and set aside.
- Make the pico de gallo: In a medium bowl, combine pico de gallo ingredients, stir to combine, and set aside.
- Assembly: Spread the guacamole in one layer onto the bottom of a serving bowl. Top evenly with the refried cauliflower, then spoon on the layer of crema, gently smoothing it over the cauliflower layer. Sprinkle on the cheese, olives, and pico de gallo. Serve with the endive spears.