- cooking spray
- 1 (7-ounce) package large salami slices (approximately 30 slices 3 inches in-diameter)
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 1 cup cubed (1⁄4-inch cubes) Monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup drained and diced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 long wooden or metal skewers
- Preheat the oven to 420°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay the salami slices on the prepared baking sheet and top each with equal amounts (in order) of chicken, cheese, tomato, then basil.
- Fold the salami around ingredients like a taco (keeping the cheese centered) and poke a skewer through the midsection to keep it secure. Thread equal amounts of folded salami onto the six skewers, with 1⁄4-inch space between each salami so they are not touching.
- Arrange the skewers on the baking sheet spaced 1 inch apart and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Great idea! It was so easy and I just winged it knowing the basic ingredients and what my dinner guests would want. I subbed smoke chicken deli meat for the cooked chicken and chunks of mozzarella/string cheese sticks for the Monterey Jack cheese. I served marinara sauce on the side and some of us drizzled it on top too. Delicious! Thank you for the great recipe idea.
Our pleasure. There are lots of ways to modify the recipe to your liking.
I came across this recipe after more detail had been added; I found it to be straightforward and doable. We’ve made these twice now and they are very tasty. If you are missing pepperoni pizza, this would be a way to remind yourself of some of those flavors.
Thanks for the feedback, Kelly.
Very poor measuring for the predicted outcome. How many total slices in those 7 ounces are used for 6 servings?
Instructions for skewering are unclear.
This recipe needs human input by someone who’s actually made it
Victoria! Thank you so much for writing and for your very important points. We always recipe test before we decide whether a cookbook recipe (i.e. a recipe we’ve chosen to share but didn’t create) is worthy of sharing (most of the recipes here we develop ourselves). We did test this one before we shared it, but we agree that the instructions required a bit of winging it, including buying salami by weight rather than by the slice (slice weights vary). Since we are not the authors and there are parameters around editing others’ works, we usually don’t edit book excerpts. But due to your feedback, we did edit this one. We very much appreciate your feedback and hope that you try the recipe and find it deserving of a place at your table. We found that even with winging it, it was extremely easy and tasty!
Thank you Keto Mojo for responding to Victoria’s comment that this recipe needed improvement. I will definitely try this recipe now!!! I love when organizations take the time to read comments. You are awesome!! …and thank you for all the newsletters with links to these delicious recipes.