Flavorful and loaded with good fat, this classic party dip makes any time party time. Make-ahead tip: you can assemble (but not cook) the dip 24 hours ahead, refrigerate it well wrapped, then pop into a preheated oven 30 minutes before you plan to serve it.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (4-oz) can diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (2-oz) jar chopped red pimento peppers, drained
- 1¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 (15-oz) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 red/orange peppers, cut into long triangular wedges for scooping
- 2 celery stalks, sliced 1/4-inch thick on an angle
- 1 English cucumber, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place an 8 or 9-inch baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic powder, green chiles, pimentos, 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the pepper flakes. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Mix to combine. Fold in the artichoke hearts, then transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish to evenly coat. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until bubbling and brown in spots, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve with a side of pepper wedges, celery, and cucumber slices.