- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 tsp minced chives
- Line a plate with paper towel.
- Place the chopped bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook until crispy and browned, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the bacon to the prepared plate and pour off all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add the butter to the skillet and melt over medium-low heat. When the butter is just barely bubbling, add the egg mixture to the pan directly in the center so the butter gets pushed out to the sides and let cook, gently stirring with a silicone spatula, until eggs are moist and just beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and continue to cook, stirring, until eggs have just set, 1 to 2 minutes more, briefly returning to the heat if the eggs need to cook a bit more.
- Divide the eggs among two plates, top each with half of the crispy bacon bits, avocado, and chives and enjoy!