Fresh, bright, and flavorful, this herby Italian condiment is brilliant on almost anything, from eggs to meatballs. But it’s also a fantastic sauce or dip for roasted vegetables. The sauce keeps, covered in the fridge for 3 days (press plastic wrap directly on the sauce surface to prevent browning of the herbs).
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1½ cup loosely packed, fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets or 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 medium clove garlic, smashed
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, combine the parsley, capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse to combine, then stream in the olive oil and blend until smooth and thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.