- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C, or gas mark 4). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the mozzarella into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the cheese to make sure that the edges aren’t cooking against the side of the bowl. If there are any shreds of cheese that aren't melted, place the bowl back in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time until thoroughly melted. Add the egg to the cheese and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder and garlic powder. Whisk the dry ingredients together and then add them to the cheese mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once the dough is well mixed, knead it for several minutes until the dough ball is firm and holds together well.
- Roll the dough out into a large square. Cut the dough into 8 longstrips. Take one strip and roll it out in front of you with the palm of your hand. Tie each strip of dough into a knot and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with each strip. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.