- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach leaves (2 oz)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 4 large eggs, yolks and white separated, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded aged cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Use half of the butter to grease 4 (6 to 8 oz) ramekins. Sprinkle the Parmesan along the inner sides of the dishes. Set the ramekins aside on a small baking sheet.
- In a sauté pan over medium-low heat, add the remaining half of the butter and gently cook the spinach until just soft, 3 to 4 minutes. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out the excess liquid, chop the spinach, season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, xanthan gum, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the heavy cream and Dijon mustard until well combined. Add the wet mixture to the almond flour mixture and stir to combine. Stir in the cheddar cheese and chopped spinach until fully incorporated.
- In a large, clean bowl, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form and the whites are smooth and glossy. Carefully fold the egg whites into almond flour-cheese mixture until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared ramekins and carefully place them baking sheet on a rack in the center of the preheated oven. Bake until the soufflés have risen an inch or two above the rim and are golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
Can you make one large souffles with this recipe instead of 4 ramekins?
Yes! We have added details on how to do that at the top of this recipe.
This was delicious
Easy, delicious, and did I say delicious 🙂
Super easy & delicious!!!
Have you ever tried it with more spinach?