- Air Fryer
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced on the bias into 1/8-inch-thick disk
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2½ cups (6 oz) ground pork rinds or pork-rind panko (such as Pork King Good or Pork Dust)
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ lbs (20 oz) cod fillet, sliced into 12 similar size strips, about 2 to 3-inch-long and 1 inch wide
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Place a wire rack atop a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini slices with 2 teaspoons salt. Transfer them to a few layers of paper towel and let them drain their moisture for 15 minutes, then pat the tops with a paper towel.
- In a shallow dish, combine the pork-rind panko and Old Bay seasoning. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs together.
- Working in batches, if necessary, to accommodate the size of your air-fryer basket, dip the zucchini slices into the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip off, then dip them into the seasoned panko to coat, then place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air-fry at 375°F (190°C) for 12 minutes. Remove the chips to the sheet pan with the wire rack and keep them warm in the oven. Reserve the remaining seasoned panko.
- In a small, shallow bowl, combine the mayonnaise and mustard then whisk in 3 tablespoons water. Working with one piece at a time, dip the fish into the mixture to coat, then tap off any excess. Then dip the fish into the remaining seasoned panko and toss to coat. Working in batches, to fit the air-fryer, place the breaded fish on the air-fryer rack, then air-fry at 400°F (200°C), until crispy and deep golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- To serve, divide the fish and zucchini chips among 6 dinner plates.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.