Sexy, healthy, and simple? That's our kind of meal! Inspired by the flavors of Maui, this poke and seared ahi combo is finished with a savory-sweet citrus dressing that flat out rocks.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 1 (8oz) piece sashimi-grade ahi tuna
- 1/4 tsp gluten-free Sriracha or other gluten-free hot pepper sauce
- 2 tsp chopped green onion
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp tamari
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 3/4 tsp Swerve confectioners (optional)
- 4 lightly packed cups mixed baby lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Cut off one-quarter of the tuna and cut it into 3/4-inch cubes. Reserve the rest of the tuna.
- In a bowl, combine the cubed tuna with the Sriracha, green onion, and sesame oil. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate if not serving right away.
- In another bowl, combine the tamari vinegar, citrus juices, and Swerve.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over high heat, then sear the reserved block of tuna on all six sides until the edges are white but the center is still translucent, around 15 seconds per side. Slice the tuna against the grain into 1/4-inch strips. (You can prep in advance to this point and refrigerate the tuna until you're ready to serve.)
- Divide the lettuce between two dinner plates. Top it with equal portions of the spicy tuna, seared tuna strips, and avocado slices. Drizzle the dressing over the dish, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve.