- 4 (5-oz) pieces (1-1/4 pounds) skinless cod fillets
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 Tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Tbsp (2 oz) softened butter, divided
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips
- 3 Tbsp finely ground pork rind crumbs
- 3 Tbsp almond meal or almond flour
- Line a baking pan or ovenproof glass/ceramic dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Pat the fish fillets dry with paper towels and arrange them on the prepared baking pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice all over the fish. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). In a mini food processor or blender, combine the oregano and parsley leaves, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pulse for 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and process until completely smooth. With the machine on, add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a thin, constant stream until fully incorporated. Season the sauce with salt and pepper and set aside in a small serving bowl.
- Prepare another baking pan lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the zucchini sticks on the pan, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, toss to combine. Spread the zucchini out in a single layer on the pan. Roast the zucchini in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until it begins to brown and tender, flipping once or twice during cooking. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pork rind crumbs and almond meal. Season the fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Spread the almond/pork crumbs over the fillets. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter and drizzle over the crumb topped fish. Bake until just cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, move the baking pan with the fish to 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Broil, keeping a close watch, until the fish topping is browned and crispy, 40 to 90 seconds. Serve with the zucchini sticks and herb sauce.