Easy and delicious, this hearty, lemony tuna dish and perky green olive tapenade is rich in good fats and so low in carbs, it's almost net-carb free!
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 2 (6-oz, about 1-inch-thick) tuna steaks
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup pitted and chopped green olives (from about 16 olives)
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Heat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Season the fish generously with salt and pepper.
- Make the tapenade: In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the olives, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and parsley and mix. Set aside.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the remaining olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the squash, season with salt and pepper, and roast until just soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet.
- Sear the tuna for 1 minute on each side.
- Then place the tuna in the skillet in the oven for 3 minutes. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the fish and squash between two dinner plates, top with the tapenade, and serve.