- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juiced, from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb stalks discarded, cored and sliced very thinly
- 4 cups escarole, trimmed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups radicchio, trimmed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 4 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a blender or blender jar combine the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, escarole, and radicchio. Toss well with the dressing, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and hazelnuts over the salad and serve.