- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 2 oz Roquefort cheese crumbled, divided
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated, washed, and patted dry
- 1/2 ripe but firm avocado cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives
- 2 radishes, sliced very thin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and toast until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Roughly chop and set aside half of the walnuts for salad and the other half for another use.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together half of the blue cheese and all the champagne vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the fennel, endive, and blanched haricots verts, add half of the vinaigrette and toss gently, then sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scoop the salad onto individual plates or a serving platter. Top with the remaining vinaigrette and the avocado, walnuts, and remaining blue cheese. Sprinkle with chives and radish and serve.