Salads such as this one decoratively place each of its elements. If you’re not concerned with fancy looks and want faster prep time, just toss the salad components and dressing in one big bowl. Either way, the deliciously creamy lemon-kissed dressing brings it all together into a super satisfying meal. Want to add visual flair and citrus flavor? Sear four lemon halves briefly in a hot pan, then serve them with the salad. If you squeeze them over everything, don’t forget to add the macros.
Add to my Shopping ListGo to my Shopping List
- 2 large eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 oz fresh green beans (about 12 beans total)
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (good quality), such as Sir Kensington’s Avocado Oil Mayonnaise or Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 4 oz (about 2 cups) baby gem lettuce or Romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 medium radishes, sliced thin (about 2 oz total)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved (about 2 oz total)
- 2 (5 oz) cans of tuna in olive oil
- 16 pitted Kalamata olives (about 2 oz total)
- Fill a medium bowl with ice water. Place the eggs in a small, deep saucepan, cover them with cold water by 1-inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then immediately cover with a lid, remove from heat, and let stand for 12 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the eggs to the prepared ice-water bath until completely cool, about 10 minutes. Peel and quarter the eggs; set aside.
- Prepare another bowl of ice water. Fill a small saucepan two-thirds of the way with water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons salt and the green beans. Cook until the beans are bright green and tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and strain the beans, then immediately plunge them into the ice water to stop the cooking. Once cool, rain and set the green beans aside on a towel to dry.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the anchovies, garlic, parsley, Dijon mustard, lemon zest and juice, and two-thirds of the olive oil. Puree until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the mayonnaise, a few pinches of salt and a grind or two of pepper. Pulse a few times to incorporate into a creamy dressing. Set aside.
- Hand-tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces (or leave the leaves whole for a dramatic fork-and-knife presentation). In a medium bowl, combine the lettuce with half of the remaining olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Transfer the coated lettuce to a platter or divide them between 4 dinner plates. Using the same medium bowl, combine the reserved green beans, radishes, and tomatoes with the remaining 1 olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Scatter the tuna and its oil over the lettuce (or crumble into a tidy mound), add the eggs, radishes, tomatoes, olives, and green beans. Pour the dressing over everything, toss, and serve. You can also toss everything in a bowl and serve that way or compose the salad and serve the dressing on the side.