- 1 cup whole walnuts
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, we used Lakanto brand
- 1 Tbsp peeled, freshly grated ginger
- 3/4 tsp pure orange extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/8 tsp ground clove
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper then add the walnuts in a single layer. Bake until the nuts are a few shades darker and you can smell the aroma of toasted nuts, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool, then chop the walnuts into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, maple-flavored syrup, ginger, orange extract, cinnamon stick, clove, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until the berries begin to break open, 5 to 6 minutes. Keep cooking, stirring often, until berries are soft, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the cranberry sauce cool and thicken for 5 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick, stir in the chopped walnuts, then let the sauce cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl, then cover it with plastic wrap, pushing the wrap onto the surface of the sauce. Refrigerate and let thicken until ready to serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.