- 2 (10 oz) bags frozen riced cauliflower, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 4 scallions thinly sliced, white/light parts and green parts, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- Set a wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet. Layer it with paper towel.
- Place the riced cauliflower in a clean tea towel or cheesecloth, roll it up, and squeeze and twist to wring out excess moisture.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in the cheese, almond flour, garlic powder, eggs, the white and light scallions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) of the olive oil until shimmering hot. Working in batches, scoop a (¼ cup) pile of the cauliflower mixture into the hot pan. Flatten it with a spatula to form a 3-inch patty. Cook until the bottom is crispy and deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, then carefully flip to cook the other side, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to the prepared rack and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower mixture, adding and heating more olive oil and adjusting the heat during cooking as needed.
- Top the fritters with scallion greens and serve.