- 1/2 large head cauliflower
- 2 medium zucchini
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp (3 oz) ghee/clarified butter, divided
- 1 cup sour cream, to serve
- Grate the cauliflower and zucchini on the coarse side of a box grater. Place the cauliflower and zucchini in a large mixing bowl, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and mix well. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the cauliflower and zucchini into a paper towel-lined colander. Cover with a few more layers of paper towels and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. Place the squeezed vegetables into a clean mixing bowl and add the scallions, almond flour, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and mix well.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the clarified butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the latke mixture in 1 ounce (2 tablespoon) portions, and flatten them out into small, flat pancakes, about 1/2-inch thick. Fry on each side for 2 to 3 minutes, until deep golden brown and crispy. Transfer onto wire rack set over a baking sheet pan. Sprinkle with a little additional sea salt as they are set onto the rack. Repeat with the remaining batter adding additional clarified butter as you do.
- Serve right away or keep warm in a low oven for up to 2 hours. Serve with the sour cream on the side.