- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juiced, from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 fennel bulb stalks discarded, cored and sliced very thinly
- 4 cups escarole torn into 2-inch pieces, or little gem lettuce
- 3 cups radicchio, trimmed and torn into 2-inch pieces
- 4 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a blender or blender jar combine the garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the fennel, escarole, and radicchio. Toss well with the dressing, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese and hazelnuts over the salad and serve.
Yum! I used little gem lettuce and only half a fennel bulb. And instead of sprinkling the goat cheese on top, I cut rounds and breaded them with pork rind crumbs, and fried the goat cheese rounds in a little avocado oil. It made a terrific dinner .
Thanks again for your delicious meals.
This sounds delicious, gonna make it for dinner tonight!
Sounds great, Expect to try it soon.