The perfect salad for blue cheese lovers, this colorful, perfectly keto vegetable dish includes blue cheese mixed in its vinaigrette and sprinkled on top. With the addition of toasted walnuts, crisp vegetables, and creamy avocado, there’s an exciting texture with every bite! Note: this recipe requires you to toast a small amount of walnuts, so we recommend you toast at least a cup or two and keep extras reserved in a tightly sealed container so you can sprinkle them over other salads; they taste great!
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 oz (3/4 cup) haricots verts or green beans, trimmed
- 2 oz Roquefort cheese crumbled, divided
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1 head Belgian endive, leaves separated, washed, and patted dry
- 1/2 ripe but firm avocado cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tsp minced fresh chives
- 2 radishes, sliced very thin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the walnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and toast until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Roughly chop and set aside half of the walnuts for salad and the other half for another use.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil, add the green beans, and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Make the vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together half of the blue cheese and all the champagne vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine the fennel, endive, and blanched haricots verts, add half of the vinaigrette and toss gently, then sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scoop the salad onto individual plates or a serving platter. Top with the remaining vinaigrette and the avocado, walnuts, and remaining blue cheese. Sprinkle with chives and radish and serve.