- cooking spray
- 1 large or 2 medium eggplants (1¼ lb total), ends trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cups fine almond flour
- 3/4 cup pork panko
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce (like Yo Mama’s or Rao’s)
- 1 cup (3 oz) shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 lightly packed cup fresh basil leaves, rough chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray an 11- by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into 6 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a small baking dish, whisk together the eggs and the water.
- In another baking dish, mix together the almond flour, pork panko, half of the Parmesan, and the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dip each eggplant slice into the egg mixture, letting extra egg drip off, then dredge it through the almond flour-panko mixture. Place the coated eggplant on the prepared baking sheet in one layer. Bake, flipping halfway through, until the breading is deep golden brown and eggplant is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining Parmesan cheese and the mozzarella.
- Remove the eggplant from the oven, top each slice with some of the marinara sauce followed by the Parmesan-mozzarella mix. Bake until the cheese is bubbling and golden in spots, 5 to 8 minutes more. Garnish with the basil and serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.