- 12 slices no-sugar-added bacon
- 1 (10-oz [283-g]) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6).
- Cut each bacon strip in half and place both halves in the bottom of each muffin cup of a 12-cup muffin pan. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the bacon for 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the bacon from the oven, drain the excess fat from the bottom of each muffin cup and set it aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- Use your hands to squeeze all the excess liquid from the thawed spinach and put an equal amount of the spinach on top of the bacon in each muffin cup. Crack one egg on top and sprinkle an equal amount of the Parmesan cheese on top of each muffin cup and finish with a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake the egg cups for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is set and not jiggling.
- Allow the egg cups to cool a little before serving. Store extras in a glass container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.