- 3 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup turkey pan drippings or olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium gluten-free turkey or chicken broth
- 2 tsp gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook until soft and a bit golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Whisk in the turkey pan drippings (or olive oil) and the broth and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reduce the heat to simmer and slightly reduce the gravy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum until smooth, then let the gravy simmer, whisking often, until it starts to thicken, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if desired.
- The gravy will thicken more as it rests. If it’s too thick, thin it with a little turkey broth. Serve.