- 7 oz whole pecans
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/3 cup brown granulated erythritol-based sweetener
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Spread the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet then bake, shaking the pan a few times during cooking, until lightly browned and toasty fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter with the cream, sweetener, and baking soda. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and cook, stirring often, until the caramel is deep golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately remove from the heat, add the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and fold in the toasted pecans. Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the paper liners. Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.