- 1 cup finely grated zucchini from 1 medium (10 oz) zucchini
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated brown erythritol-based sweetener (like Swerve)
- 2¼ cups almond flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- sea salt
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 6 Tbsp heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips divided (such as Lily’s dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cups.
- Wrap the grated zucchini in a clean dish towel, then twist and squeeze to extract excess moisture. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sweetener until combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix in the egg mixture, cooled melted butter, and cream. Gently fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Divide the thick, coarse batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Bake until the tops are golden and a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove the muffins to a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.