- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup (2-1/2 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp GF Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices (4 oz) pastrami
- 2 slices (1-1/2 oz) Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) sauerkraut, well-drained, divided
- Preheat a 4-well waffle maker, then use a brush or paper towel to grease inside surfaces with the olive oil.
- Set a wire rack over a sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt. Add the Swiss cheese and caraway seeds and stir to combine. Divide the batter among the 4 wells of the waffle maker and close the top. Cook until the chaffles are golden brown and crispy and the steam has mostly subsided, 5 to 8 minutes. Carefully remove the chaffles and let cool on the prepared wire rack 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, tomato paste, mustard, onion powder, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Top 2 of the chaffles with 2 slices of pastrami each, folding them to fit. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese. Bake chaffles on the prepared rack/pan until the cheese is slightly melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top each chaffle with 1/4 cup of the sauerkraut and half of the dressing. Top with the remaining chaffles. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.