- 10 brussels sprouts (6 oz total), chopped
- 1 medium (4 oz) turnip peeled cut into 1-inch chunks (about 1 cup total)
- 4 strips thick-sliced bacon (6 oz total) cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a half sheet pan, combine the brussels sprouts, turnips, bacon, and shallot. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the thyme, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes, tossing 2 to 3 times during cooking, until vegetables and bacon are caramelized a deep golden brown and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil to a large non-stick skillet and heat over a medium heat. Crack the eggs and add them one at a time to the pan, spacing them evenly apart. Cook until the whites are cooked through but the yolks are still a bit runny, flipping once. Serve the eggs over the finished hash.