FOR THE CRUST
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp or 4 oz) plus 1 teaspoon cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup sugar free powdered sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- sea salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
FOR THE FILLING
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetened Maple Flavored Syrup or other sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Lakanto granulated golden sugar-free sweetener or another sugar-free keto sugar substitute
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Keto Dessert Pie Crust, included in this recipe, or other 9-inch keto pie crust, at room temperature
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- sea salt
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease a 9-inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon of the butter.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Pulse 8 to 10 times to sift the dry ingredients together. Add the eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Pulse another 8 to 10 times to incorporate into the dry ingredients. Add the cold butter cubes pulse until the dough is crumbly and looks like sticky cauliflower rice, 25 to 30 times. Don’t over pulse. Pour the crumbly dough into the greased pie plate.
- Using your hands, quickly press the dough directly in the pie plate, ensuring it evenly covers the bottom, sides, and top edges of the pie plate and is about 1/4-inch thick. If the dough starts getting sticky or soft, refrigerate the dough in the plate for 20 to 30 minutes, then continue. Once the crust is pressed into the plate, crimp the edges decoratively.
- Use a skewer or a fork to make holes into the bottom of the crust. Refrigerate the crust for at least 30 minutes and up to 60 minutes.
- Carefully cover the crust perimeter with thin strips of aluminum foil so the crust doesn’t darken too fast when baking, then par-bake the crust until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 30 to 40 minutes before adding filling and finishing baking.
- Lower the oven heat to 350°F (175°C).
- Make the pie filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the maple-flavored syrup, eggs, granulated sweetener, butter, cream, vanilla extract and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Line the pie crust with the chopped pecans. Pour the filling over the pecans, then wait for it to distribute evenly. Gently top with the whole pecans in a decorative pattern. Place the pie on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover the edges with aluminum foil strips.
- Bake until the filling no longer jiggles, 45 to 50 minutes. Let the pie cool on a wire rack for 1 hour, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Let come to room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.