- 2 cups (7 oz) pecans
- 1/3 cup (3 oz) tahini
- 1/4 cup (1.3 oz) sesame seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 oz chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp (24 g/0.8 oz) nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) water
- Preheat the oven to 285°F (140°C) fan assisted or 320°F (160°C) conventional.
- Roughly chop the pecans or place in a food processor and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Place the pecans in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Use your fingers to press the mixture into a medium baking dish (about 8 × 8 inch [20 × 20 cm]); use a silicone baking dish or a regular baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 25 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Slice into 8 bars with a greased sharp knife. Store in a sealed container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
PhotographyMartina Slajerova and Jo Harding
can one use peanut butter instead of tahini?
Give it a try 🙂
Any suggestions on replacing pecans? I’m allergic to pecans walnuts and Brazil nuts. Tia.
How about walnuts?
Wow, these are fantastic! Trying to come up with recipes for my daughter that allow her to fuel up without relying on bread. These are delicious, filling and have a wonderful texture. Thanks!
We love that you’re making these for your daughter!
What can I replace the nutritional yeast with? I’m hesitant to omit it in case it’s an important part of the texture or binding.
Great recipe. The crunch is so satisfying and the savory flavor is amazing. The sundried tomatoes are a nice touch, they are like savory raisins. I will definitely be incorporating these into my routine. A nice protein filled treat without the guilt!
Thanks for the positive feedback 🙂
You got that right!