Blini, or two-bite cocktail-party pancakes, are perfect vehicles for delicious toppings. They’re about as fancy as finger food can get, and they’re also usually heavy in carbs. Not so for these tasty morsels! Top them with any of the following combinations (recipe links below), make up your own toppings, or serve topping ingredients and let guests assemble their own. Either way, you’ll up your keto entertaining game without significantly upping your carb count.
- Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently whisk together the egg yolks, half and half, and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- In the clean, dry bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until light, white and fluffy, holding firm peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour-egg yolk batter until combined. Do not overmix (you’ll get flat blinis).
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Spoon heaping teaspoons of batter into the pan about 1 inch apart, use a small spatula or back of a spoon dipped in melted butter to gently but quickly smooth and form each into a roughly 2 to 2 ½-inch disc and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer the blini to the prepared wire rack. Repeat with the remaining batter to make approximately 24 blini.