These two-bite cocktail-party pancakes are perfect fancy finger food for keto cocktail parties or any parties. The flavor is so great, no one will know or care that they’re keto. Plus, they’re super easy to make, since you use store-bought ham and brie! Prepare the blini a few hours in advance, top with ham, brie, and a raspberry slice at the last minute, and you’re instantly fancy.
FOR THE BLINI
- 4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 6 Tbsp melted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- sea salt
FOR THE TOPPING
- 6 (1-oz) slices thinly sliced deli ham (like Applegate brand), each cut into quarters, like a pie
- 1 (8-oz) round wheel of Brie cheese, sliced into 24 thin wedges
- 12 raspberries, halved
- Make the blini: Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently whisk together the egg yolks, half and half, and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- In the clean, dry bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the egg whites until light, white, and fluffy, holding firm peaks, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour-egg yolk batter until combined. Do not overmix (you’ll get flat blini).
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Spoon heaping teaspoons of batter into the pan about 1 inch apart, use a small spatula or back of a spoon dipped in melted butter to gently but quickly smooth and form each into a roughly 2 to 2 ½-inch disc and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Gently flip and repeat on the other side. Transfer the blini to the prepared wire rack. Repeat with the remaining butter and batter to make approximately 24 blinis.
- To serve: Arrange the blini on a platter. Top each with a small wedge of the brie. Roll each ham wedge into a rollup and place each on a brie wedge, allowing the stickiness of the cheese to hold the ham in place. Garnish each with a raspberry half. Serve.