- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 2 tsp dry mustard, divided
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste, divided
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- 1/3 cup fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 Tbsp granulated brown erythritol-based sweetener (like Swerve)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Position a rack to the lowest part of the oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the celery and cook. stirring, 4 minutes. Stir in the onion powder, Italian herbs, and 1½ teaspoons of the dry mustard and cook, 1 minute. Stir in 1 tablespoon of the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute more. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, eggs, 1 tablespoon of the tamari, and the celery mixture. Season with 1½ teaspoons salt and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
- With clean hands, transfer the beef mixture to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a loaf 5-inches wide, 8-inches long, and 2-inches tall. Arrange the bacon slices in one layer on top, widthwise, tucking the ends underneath the loaf.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 teaspoon mustard, the remaining 2 tablespoons tomato paste, and the remaining 1 tablespoon tamari. Add the sweetener and 2 tablespoons water. Whisk to combine. Brush or drizzle the glaze over the bacon-wrapped loaf.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy and beef is cooked through with an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C), 45 to 50 minutes; if the bacon browns too quickly during cooking, loosely cover the meatloaf. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.