- 1 lb asparagus, rough ends trimmed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) crumbled gorgonzola
- 1/4 cup pork panko
- Line 2 plates with paper towels.
- Fill a large, deep skillet two-thirds of the way with water. Bring it to a boil over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to one of the prepared plates, reserving the water in the skillet. Pat the asparagus dry.
- Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium so the water is barely simmering. Break 1 egg into a small bowl or teacup. Gently slide the egg into the water by tipping the bowl right on the water’s surface. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cook until the whites are set but the yolks are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the eggs to paper towels to drain.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the shallot and sauté until tender, 2 minutes.
- Add the sage, heavy cream, and gorgonzola, and cook, stirring until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce onto a rimmed platter or divide it among 4 dinner plates. Top with the asparagus, poached eggs, and the pork panko. Serve.
Keto-Mojo is a participant in some affiliate programs and some of the links above will generate a small commission if you make a purchase through a product link on our site. This is at no cost to you and all proceeds go directly to the nonprofit Ketogenic Foundation [501(c)3 pending] to assist with their mission funding education and research into the ketogenic diet and lifestyle. Keto-Mojo in no way profits from these links.
I tried this on my 94 year old MaMa, and my 39 year old daughter, used jumbo eggs, cooked them just a tich more done, used blue cheese, sprinkled with just a tad of chopped parsley ~ Yippee, Yi, Yay! They loved it. What a great recipe, thank you, thank you, thank you very much!